My due date was yesterday! We’re still waiting on baby (if that wasn’t already obvious).
What’s happening with baby: Baby is full term and should be all ready to meet the world. Now we’re just waiting on him or her to choose a birthday!
What’s happening with mama: Mama is not feeling so hot. Which is pretty much an understatement – I feel terrible. Not because I is massively pregnant (though I am) but because I woke up sick yesterday morning! Runny nose, sinus pressure, post-nasal drip, sore throat. That is so supremely unfair. E has a runny nose and cough as well and PB has started to not feel well. Don’t we have the most awesome timing? Maybe baby will stay put for a few more days to allow us to get to feeling better? I hope so because I feel like poo.
Pregnancy-wise I’m feeling pretty good still. Kind of odd but I’m sleeping okay (even though it takes me a while to fall asleep) and fairly comfortable for the most part. I am starting to have serious trouble getting up from low couches and rolling over in bed. Otherwise, every little thing gives me Braxton-Hicks contractions and I had BH Tuesday night back to back for quite a while. They’re a little crazy. The baby still moves a lot and is big enough at this point that it sometimes feels pretty uncomfortable or makes me feel a little sick to my stomach.
Appointments this week: We had an appointment with the midwives and an ultrasound on Tuesday. Since I was 40 weeks the midwife decided to do a cervical check. Normally I don’t get cervical checks but since I am full term the midwife thought it could be a good idea to get an idea of where I’m at. More to inform them on how quickly they would like me to come in when I do go into labor rather than as a sign of impending labor since you can walk around dilated for weeks. I was 1 1/2 cm and 60% effaced. Everything looked good.
At the ultrasound we got a tech we’ve never met before and she was totally not personable, which was kind of a bummer. She quickly did the biophysical and announced that she thought my fluid was low. A doctor came in to recheck and see what she thought. The doctor disagreed with the tech’s measurements and thought my fluid levels were on the low end of normal. The doctor talked about induction a lot – basically saying that it would be fine at this point and I could choose to be induced, though it wasn’t necessary at this point. I’m not interested in being induced unless there is a reason. The doctor asked that I come in for another ultrasound on Friday to recheck levels before the weekend. I called the midwives after my ultrasound because they had asked about my fluid levels at my appointment that morning. The midwife on call was not concerned but was glad they scheduled another ultrasound Friday and recommended that I hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. My next appointment with the midwives is on Monday, at which point they will do a non-stress test.
Weight gained: 24 pounds.
Baby is the size of a: small pumpkin.